There are various energy-efficient lighting options available these days. Whether you’re looking for something that will save on energy bills or want an easy way to update your building’s look, there’s an option available for you.
Incandescent bulbs are almost phased out. They may be the cheapest option, but they’re also the least energy-efficient, run out fast, and produce considerable heat.
To help you save money in the long run, CIV LED Lighting Solutions LLC has highlighted some energy-saving options, from light bulbs to the latest intelligent lighting options for your business below!
1. LED Lights: One of the most energy-efficient and longest-lasting options on the market, LED lights are quickly becoming a popular choice for businesses. They use about 75% less energy than traditional incandescent bulbs and can last up to 25 times longer. These days, different kinds of LED fixtures available in the market also offer various color temperatures and light intensity options, making them perfect for use in various commercial settings.
2. Fluorescent Lights: Another energy-efficient lighting solution, fluorescent lights use about 25% less energy than traditional incandescent bulbs. They are up to eight times longer than conventional incandescent bulbs. Keep in mind that fluorescent lights contain mercury, so they need to be disposed of properly at the end of their lifespan.
3. CFL Lights: CFL lights are a type of fluorescent light, but they are more energy-efficient since they use about 75% less energy than incandescent bulbs. They also last up to ten times longer. Like fluorescent lights, CFLs contain mercury, so they need to be disposed of properly. They come in several shapes, sizes, and color temperatures.
4. Solar Powered Outdoor Lights: Sun is a renewable energy source, so using solar energy to power outdoor lights is a great way to save energy and money. Solar lights are easy to install and don’t require any wiring. Fun Fact: they are environmentally friendly since they don’t produce emissions! Some solar lights come with a built-in battery to store energy and continue to work even when there is no sun.
5. Motion Sensor Lights: These lights are a great energy-saving option for businesses. They turn on automatically when they detect motion and turn off after a specific time. This helps to save energy because the lights are only on when needed.
6. Dimmer Switches: Dimmers are another great energy-efficient lighting solution. They allow you to adjust the amount of light you are using. This option can help save energy because you can use less light when it’s not needed.
CIV LED Lighting Solutions is here to help you set up a cost-effective, energy-efficient lighting system suitable for your needs if you’re in the Columbus, OH area or thereabouts. We also help you obtain tax deductions and rebates.